September 24, 2011

Kota Kinabalu - Sabah Trip 2011

This is a year full of trips for me.

Kota Kinabalu (KK) is located East of Peninsular Malaysia. Perhaps the most famous attraction is the Mount Kinabalu, which is the tallest mountain in Borneo.

I was hoping to snap some sunset pics near the beach during this trip, but too bad I missed the chance.

Oh well, we had some great seafood though.









(More crabs!)




(Prawns)


For the first 2 nights, we stayed in KK town (Grand Borneo Hotel), the hotel was quite cozy and clean.


(This is how a standard room looks like)





(Sutera Harbour, a harbour beside KK Town)


(All 6 of us)

We even went snorkelling at Manukan Island & Sapi Island (no pics as I did not bring my camera), whereby Sapi Island being the best spot for snorkeling in my opinion (the current in Manukan Island is rather strong that day, making us hard to swim & less fish near the shore).

For the 3rd night onwards, we stayed somewhere near the foothills of Mount Kinabalu (Kundasang Village), in a resort named Kinabalu Pine Resort.


(I like this place so much!)







(A great place to relax but too bad the weather was not on our side)

(Relaxing)


(HDR with some strong winds = no good)


I did plan to take some pics of star-trails or even pics of milky way here, but raining for two consecutive nights......my plan was ruined!


(A short clip showing the view from my balcony)

There ware nothing much to do in Kundasang, perhaps the most interesting place I went was a dairy farm near the resort.










(The view of Mount Kinabalu's peak from the farm)


(Fresh milk!!)

The weather was quite cold though (around 13°C I guess with some strong wind). This was my first time going a trip with my secondary schoolmates, it was fun although I did not managed to take those pics I wanted (sunset, stars...etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails