April 09, 2009

Smoke Trails Photography

I like to try new things.

For this time, I tried to photograph smoke's trails.

The set up was simple: a black T-Shirt as a backdrop, a coil of mosquito repellent, a camera and a tripod. I do not have external flash, so all my shots are using the built in flash.


("Nameless")

The most tricky part is actually focusing. it is extremely hard to focus under a completely dark room with just torch light lit on the smoke (for focusing purpose)

("Kirin" - Mystical Creature)

("Flame of Passion")

I do not have a macro lens so I have to crop my picture. I used Adobe Photoshop to tweak the Curve and change the colour of the smoke in Channel Mixer. I do not know how to change the colour of the smoke partially and make it an mirror image that is same on the left and right sides, example: click here.


("Seahorse")


That's all for now, I'll try more on the weekends when I have more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails