March 28, 2009

DCIM 2009

DCIM is an abbreviation for Digital Camera · Imaging · Media

This event is actually a new event and planned (hopefully) to be held on a yearly basis. Well it's basically a "camera fair" with models and catwalk shows.

The size of this event is actually quite small, even smaller than my college's Career Fair...

The participating brands are not massive too, I only see Canon and Nikon, I couldn't find Sony, Olympus and such, even the big 3rd party photography gears manufacturers like Tamron and Sigma are not showing themselves too. A bit of disappointment here though.

I arrived around 1pm, hoping to shoot some models, but what I see is a bunch of enthusiastic photographers with some nice gears and ladder, yes, a ladder:





How am I supposed to get a clear shot? Well thanks to my Canon EOS 1000D with Live View function! Almost all shots are done through Live View. Who said Live View is useless eh?

Basically what I do is just enable the Live View, put my camera as high as possible and snap.

Its not easy to keep your hand steady in that situation:


(at 55mm, f/5.6, 1/40s, ISO 400, flash off)


(Blurred =( , but I like this shot actually)


(at 55mm, f/5.6, 1/50s, ISO 800)


(at 55mm, f/5.6, 1/50s, ISO 800)


(All model images has been cropped, my 18-55mm kit lens is not sufficient for such event obviously)


"Crew: Sir, no entry! Guy: Huh?!"

My candid shot of the day =D

Due to difficulties of photographing the models, I did not follow the event til the end. I ended up buying a tripod (which I needed) instead. Details of the tripod will be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails