October 10, 2009

Canon Photo Marathon 2009



Canon Photo Marathon is one of a major event in Malaysia's photography industry. This competition is open to public irregardless of what camera brands the participants are using. However, Canon users can join for FREE whereas others has to pay RM30.

I joined this event is only for the fun of it. I have never think of submitting my works as this would take whole day. Besides, I get a free T-Shirt and a cap.

I arrived the venue (Sunway Lagoon's Elephant Walk Entrance) around 7:20am. The event kicks offs officially around 10am. So, we basically wasted some time sitting there and waiting. However there are some gains...

I got to test some lenses on my 1000D. Canon set up a booth in front of the stage, providing participants to touch and play with some of Canon's newest and top-line camera bodies and lenses.



(This was shot using my 1000D body + EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6L IS USM lens. The range of the lens is cool, but its too heavy an the IS dosen't seem to help much on slow shutter speed, i.e. 1/60s and below)



(This shot was taken using 1000D body + 70-200mm f/2.8L USN [non-IS] lens)


While waiting, I spotted this guy is shooting video using 5D Mark II (some sort of pimped up version + some unknown accessories). Well I know nothing about videography.





The 3 themes for today are:

1) Splash
2) Red
3) Shooting in Progress

I basically feel these themes boring. We are required to wear the T-Shirt throughout the event. So, this is what you see:







So I ended up hanging around inside Sunway Lagoon and exploring various parts of the amusement park. My favorite is off course the Wildlife Park. It's a mini zoo basically and I got to shoot some birds in close distance. I only have kit lens (EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS) as a zoom lens at this moment.


(I came across this funny monkey behind a glass, showing weird pose)









(Flower Palette used to feed butterflies)




(World's longest suspended bridge @ 428m)


(How's the view?)


(My favorite shot of the day - Silhouette of a Pirate Ship)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails