October 11, 2009

New Gears in the House IX

This is my first 1:1 macro lens and first non-Canon lens. Lets welcome my 3rd lens in my lineup - Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1 Macro!

I bought this from a nice gentleman in the forums. This lens is highly rated for its sharpness and reasonable pricing.




If you wanna read the reviews of this lens, click here.

Thanks Alfred for treating me a cup of coffee and paying my parking ticket. =)

Here are some pics I have tried out just now:


(A dieing insect)





(1:1 size, no crop)


(100% crop)


Macro Photography is damn hard to master. You will need a lot of practice and patience. the DOF is so shallow that even 1mm movement will make big difference between "got it" or "miss it".


Price: RM 1,100
Discount: RM 100
Net: RM 1,000

Total spending to date: RM 5,742.75

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails